Monday, June 14, 2010

magazine cover

This is a magazine cover I made for my photoshop/digital arts class. I've always used photoshop even before coming to school so I knew my way around the program pretty well. I used many of tools in Photoshop CS4 to achieve this textured, dreamy background including layer masks. It took a really long time to cut Chloe out of the background of the original picture, but it was worth it for the smooth result. I chose Chloe Sevigny as my covergirl because she is one of my favourite fashion icons. Notice the shoutout to Elle Creative Director Joe Zee (love him)!



I took my inspiration for the colour scheme and dreamy feeling from Dazed and Confused, i-D and V magazines.



disclaimer: The Kristen Stewart issue of Dazed wasn't even out yet when I made my magazine cover, I didn't copy the background!

1 comment:

K A T H L E E N said...

i love it, awesome work!